No COVID-19 clusters in Andhra Pradesh, sporadic cases only, says Health Minister
Andhra Pradesh Health, Medical, and Family Welfare Minister Satya Kumar Yadav on Monday said there is no evidence of COVID-19 spreading in clusters in the State, and that cases continue to be reported sporadically with no surge in transmission.
The Minister's statement comes amid periodic concerns over the virus. He said the situation remains under control, with only 74 positive cases recorded in Andhra Pradesh between January 1 and August 15, 2026. During the same period, the country reported a total of 2,554 cases.
Of the 74 patients who tested positive for the virus across 17 districts, 56 have recovered and been discharged from hospitals. Ten patients are currently undergoing treatment in hospitals, while four are in home isolation. The State has reported four deaths related to COVID-19 so far this year.
According to the Minister's office, around 30 of the affected patients had other underlying health conditions, which may have contributed to the severity of their illness. The statement did not specify the nature of these conditions.
District-wise data shows that Visakhapatnam recorded the highest number of cases with 16. Srikakulam, Anakapalli, Konaseema, and Krishna districts each reported one case. The remaining cases were distributed across other districts, the Minister said.
Health officials have assured the public that adequate quantities of testing kits, protective equipment, and medicines required for COVID-19 control are available in all hospitals. They have urged citizens not to panic but to continue following basic precautions, especially those with comorbidities.
This development reflects the current low-level presence of the virus in the State. However, health authorities remain vigilant and are monitoring the situation regularly to prevent any untoward spike in infections.