🏠 News Empire
india

Dulquer Salmaan Questioned by Customs in Luxury SUV Smuggling Case

Published on: 01 Jul 2026, 08:48 PM
Dulquer Salmaan Questioned by Customs in Luxury SUV Smuggling Case

Actor Dulquer Salmaan was questioned by the Customs department on Wednesday as part of an investigation into an alleged luxury SUV smuggling racket, sources said.

The actor's four vehicles were previously seized under the operation, code-named 'Operation Numkhor.' Mr. Salmaan was summoned to the Customs office on Tuesday and was questioned for nearly four hours.

Of the four seized vehicles, the actor had secured provisional release for two. "He has not requested the provisional release of the remaining vehicles. Details of the vehicles were sought, and he may be asked to produce other high-end vehicles in his possession before the investigators," a Customs source said.

Besides Mr. Salmaan, four other individuals allegedly linked to the seized vehicles were questioned on Tuesday and Wednesday.

So far, around 60 vehicles have been seized and seven people arrested in connection with the case. The case pertains to the alleged smuggling of used high-end vehicles into the country through the Bhutan and Nepal borders using forged documents to evade customs duty.

Latest in India 10
CJI tells law universities: Lead technology's role in reshaping legal system
india

CJI tells law universities: Lead technology's role in reshaping legal system

Chief Justice of India Surya Kant urged national law universities to lead in shaping technology's role in the legal system, rejecting outright bans on generative AI and stressing responsible use. He called for graduates trained to question and verify AI outputs, and for research on accountability, data protection, and digital access to justice.

The Hindu 17 Aug 2026, 01:48 AM
Read More →
→ View All India News