🏠 News Empire
politics

AAP alleges destruction of files in ₹700-crore medical procurement scam case

Published on: 19 Aug 2026, 07:16 PM
AAP alleges destruction of files in ₹700-crore medical procurement scam case

The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday claimed that the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) told a Delhi court that files related to an alleged ₹700-crore medical procurement scam in the Delhi government had been destroyed.

In a post on social media platform X, AAP Delhi president Saurabh Bharadwaj questioned the development. “Is it a joke to take away dozens of files from the Delhi government and destroy them while a vigilance inquiry is ongoing?”

He further alleged that the mastermind behind the scam was given sufficient time to leave the country. “Now one can imagine that this scam was beyond two government doctors and one accountant. This money went to senior netas, therefore, this cover-up is being managed from the top,” Mr. Bharadwaj said.

These statements come in the context of an ongoing court proceeding. The ACB is said to have made the submission before a Delhi court during a hearing related to the case. The specifics of the court's response or further orders are awaited.

This is a developing story. The claims made by AAP are allegations and have not been independently verified. No official statement from the ACB or the Delhi government has been released yet responding to Mr. Bharadwaj's remarks.

Further details are awaited as the matter progresses in court.

Latest in Politics 10
YSRCP leader alleges Naidu's 34% BC quota move is a trap
politics

YSRCP leader alleges Naidu's 34% BC quota move is a trap

YSRCP leader Poluboina Anil Kumar Yadav has accused Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu of attempting to deceive Backward Classes by announcing 34% reservation in local bodies, claiming the move would be challenged in court. He also cited figures to highlight the previous YSRCP government's record on BC representation.

The Hindu 19 Aug 2026, 05:52 PM
Read More →
→ View All Politics News